About & Links
Hien Pham (pronounced like Ian with an H) is a queer digital artist specializing in gentle and optimistic comics. He grew up in Vietnam on war stories before moving and finding a home in Australia. His work revolves around respite, around caring and loving and being loved and cared for.
Hien's emotional and introspective interactive fictions are award-winning and multi-award nominated. His debut graphic novel, It Will Be Hard, won an Australian Game Developer Award in 2018. Hien was a frequent guest speaker at Freeplay Independent Games Festival, where his work was later nominated for multiple award categories. He is a long-standing volunteer for local and interstate queer communities. During the 2021 Mr. Bear Perth competition, he was crowned Mr. Congeniality.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interactive: https://wavingpeople.itch.io
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wavingpeople
- Twitter: @wavingpeople
- Bluesky: @hienpham.bsky.social
- Winner of the Australian Game Developer Award for Excellence in Narrative (2023).
- Winner of the The Pavs: NZ Game Awards - The Guest Plate (2023).
- Winner of an Australian Game Developer Award (2018).
- Nominated for Freeplay Independent Games Festival's Excellence in Visual Art (2019).
- Nominated for Freeplay Independent Games Festival's Excellence in Narrative (2019).
- Nominated for Prism Awards for Small To Midsize Press (2019).
- Nominated for Freeplay Independent Games Festival's Micro-Game Award (2019).
- Shortlisted for The Ledger Awards (2019).